PCE-DM 12 digital multimeter automatic range selection, large display and multiple functions
The PCE-DM 12 digital multimeter has a large, high contrast LCD which is made of a double shell ABS plastic enclosure and designed for a long life. The digital multimeter has automatic range selection and an accuracy of 0.5% for DC voltage. It is perfect for laboratories or in research and development as well as an on-site technical service tool. It meets the following standard: CAT III/600V/EN 61010-1.
- Large LCD with easy to read values even in difficult conditions - Easy to use - Durable design - Automatic range selection - Data Hold function - Auto shut-off function - Continuity test - Diode test
View or print the user manual
PCE-DM 12 digital multimeter
Functions of the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12
Functions of the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12: - LCD display - Functions selector - Positive input 10 A fissure - Negative input COM fissure - Positive input fissure - Mode key - Measurement range key - Memory of values key - Relative measurement key
Symbols of the digital multimeter display:
AC DC –
Alternating/direct voltage or current BAT – Run down battery AUTO – Auto range selection ├ - diode test mode Pitch control symbol HOLD – Memory of values ºC, ºF, nF,Hz, V,A, M, Ω – Measuring units
To measure DC/AC current with the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12, you must follow these steps:
Connect the black testing cable to the input COM (4) and the red testing cable to the positive input 10A (3) or to the positive input mA / uA (5) of the digital multimeter depending on the measuring needs.
Select the measurement range between 10 A, mA or uA with the functions selector (2) of the digital multimeter depending on the measuring needs.
Select AC or DC with the Mode key of the digital multimeter (6).
Testing cables of the digital multimeters must be connected to the proper measuring points.
Below you can see the current value in the digital multimeter display. In case of polarity DC permutation the symbol (-) will appear before the measurement value.
To perform a measurement of the DC/AC voltage with the digital multimeter you must follow these steps:
Connect the black testing cable to the input COM (4) and the red testing cable to the positive input 10A (3) or to the positive input mA/uA (5)
Place the function selector (2) in the V position of the digial multimeter.
Select AC or DC with the Mode key of the digital multimeter (6).
Select AC or DC with the Mode key of the ohmmeter(6).
Keep the testing cables of the digital multimeter in the corresponding testing points.
Now you can read the current value in the digital multimeter display. In case of polarity DC permutation the symbol (-) will appear before the measurement value.
Measurement range - DCV - ACV - DCA - ACA - Resistance - Capacity - Frequency - Temperature - Duty Cycle
600 V 600 V 10 A, 600 V 10 A, 600 V 2/20/40 MΩ 200 μF 10 MHz +760°C 9.99%
Resolution - DCV - ACV - DCA - ACA - Resistance - Capacity - Frequency - Temperature - Duty Cycle
0.1 mV to 1 V (depending on range) 0.1 mV to 1 V (depending on range) 0.1 µA to 10 mA (depending on range) 0.1 µA to 10 mA (depending on range) 0.1 Ω to 10 kΩ (depending on range) 1 pF to 0.1 µF (depending on range) 0.001 Hz to 1 kHz
(depending on range) 1°C 0.1%
Accuracy - DCV - ACV - DCA - ACA - Resistance - Capacity - Frequency - Temperature - Duty Cycle
±0.5 to 1.5% (depending on range) ±1.2 to 2.0% (depending on range) ±1.0 to 2.5% (depending on range) ±1.5 to 3.0% (depending on range) ±1.2 to 2.0% (depending on range) ±3.0 to 5.0% (depending on range) ±1.2 to 1.5% (depending on range) ±3.0% ±1.2%
LCD with maximum value of 4000
Rate of measurement
0 to 50°C/20 to 95% r.h.
9 V battery
Battery level indicator
"BAT" appears when battery is low
after 15 minutes without activity
150 x 70 x 48 mm
EN 61010-1; CAT III/600V; EMC; LVD; EN 50081-1; EN 50082-1
In this video we can see the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12 performing diverse measurements.
We can see the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12 measuring the oscilation frequency of a system working at 4 kHz. In this case, we could also measure the working cycle as the percentage pressing the yellow key MODE. We can also see the digital multimeter PCE-DM 12 measuring a plug alternating voltage using alligator clips (these clips are coupled to this multimeter however they are not included in the delivery) by placing the rotary switch in V position.
1 x PCE-DM 12 digital multimeter 1 x External hot-wire temperature sensor 1 x Test cable 1 x Battery 1 x User manual
Optional accesories - ISO calibration certificate For companies that wish to include this device in their set of internal testing tools or for annual recalibrations. The ISO certificate includes a laboratory calibration and a control document with all the measurement values.
- Amp clamp adaptor Adaptor for indirect measurement of current up to 1000 A without interrupting the cable. - Range: 200/1000 A DC/AC - Accuracy: ±1.5/2% - A DC zero reset - Dimensions: 190 x 64 x 33 mm - Maximum diameter of cable: 33.5 mm
- Revolution adaptor Adaptor with revolutions sensor and 1 m cable. For optical measurement of revolution between 100 and 20,000 RPM in two ranges. - 0.1 mV DC/1 RPM (range 1) - 0.1 mV DC/10 RPM (range 2) Dimensions: 190 x 73 x 37 mm
- Pressure adaptor Adaptor with pressure sensor and 1m cable. For absolute measurement of pressure between 3.5 and 3500 kPa. - Accuracy: ±1% (up to 1700 kPa); ±2% (up to 2400 kPa) and ±5% (up to 3500 kPa) - Resolution: 0.1/1 kPa - Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 25 mm; 1/4" sensor
- Humidity adaptor Adaptor with humidity sensor in a handle and with 1 m cable. - Range: 10 to 95% r.h. - Accuracy: ±3% r.h. - Resolution: 0.1% r.h. - Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 25 mm
- Light adaptor Adaptor with light sensor and 1 m cable. - Three rages: 0 to 2000/0 to 20,000 and 0 to 50,000 lux - Accuracy: ±5% - Resolution: 1, 10, 100 lux - Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 25 mm
- Air velocity adaptor Adaptor with air velocity sensor and 1 m cable. - Range: 0.2 to 30 m/s; - Accuracy: ±2% - Resolution: 0.1 (m/s; km/h; knots) - Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 25 mm
- Sound adaptor Adaptor with sound sensor and 1 m cable. A-weighting; can be externally calibrated (PCE-SC 41 calibrator) - Ranges: 30 to 130 dB (in three ranges) - Accuracy: ±1.5 dB (IEC 651 class II) - Dimensions: 107 x 53 x 29 mm
- EMF adaptor Adaptor with EMF sensor and 1 m cable. - Range: 0 to 20 microTesla/200 milliGauss - Accuracy: ±4% - Resolution: 0.1 µTesla/1 milliGauss - Bandwidth: 30 to 300 Hz - Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 25 mm
Definition and information about multimeters: The digital multimeter is for measuring electrical magnitudes, combining different modes and ranges of measurement in a single device. The standard features of multimeter allow to measure voltage and the intensity of currentover the different ranges. Normallythemultimeter can be set for measuring continuous current (DC) or alternate current (AC).It can also measure resistance and continuity by using an audible signal. Modern digital multimeters offer the possibility of measuring frequency, capacity and temperature.
Analoguemultimetersshow readings by indicating different scales for different measurement ranges and presenting them with detailed markings to allow to take the readings properly. Topreventerrors high quality devices have the scale upon a mirrored surface for taking the readings adequately. Such high quality analogue multimeters can be accurate up to one percent of the indicated value. Measurements of alternating current are not as accurate in analogue multimeters due to a preconnected corrector.